Monday, February 01, 2010

MidValley TM Club Youth Leadership Programme @ SMK Subang Utama

DAY 1



Assignment 1:
Participants were required to introduce themselves, there's discussion between mentors and participants on preparing this speech. Well, as you can see, I'm one of the mentor. ^^

The participants are really awesome << (V:Loud,P:High,R:Fast)
They managed to did it well, it really surprise most of the mentors in this programme.
They all have no problem in speaking as well as they are really confident, wow!!

Day 2

Assignment 2:
Well, there's improvement in most of the participants in their speech organization.
Some have really wonderful and attention grabbing opening,
For closing of their speech, I realized my mentee have improved.

Today participants were exposure to more skills like vocal variety, body language and etc.
Up to this point, I have listened to a variety of speeches. From educational, factual to the controversial one, they dare themselves to take the challenge, well done!

Day 3

Last assignment (Contest Speech):
This is the day, where all the participants are going to amaze everyone in the room by presenting their speech with all the communication skills that they learnt this few days.
I'm glad to see and witness the growing of all the participants, they are now no doubt a really communicator! They have improve their communications skills, like their vocal variety, body gestures, the rate of their speech and etc. I'm really proud of my mentee, he managed to incorporate all the skills that he learnt into his final speech.

Today is the climate of this programme, everyone give their best in their speech. Again, I like the topics that they choose to talk. It's really great, entertaining, informative and some were really sincere.

After prize giving ceremony to the winners, it's coming to the end of this programme.
I was given some tokens of appreciation from MidValley Toastmasters club and SMK Subang Utama.


Words from me:
This programme is really awesome, congratulations to the organizer Gerald, what a successful and fruitful programme. I learnt so much in this programme, especially on the evaluation part as well as communication skills. I'm glad to have this opportunity to work with other experienced toastmasters members, and also not forgetting the participants from SMK Subang Utama. You guys really amazing and so eager to learn more to make yourself a better speaker. At here, I wishes you guys all the best in your future!! ^^

-THE END-


No comments:

Post a Comment