Wednesday, January 21, 2009

幸福の周

"UNITAR will be receiving a visit from the ARIMA High School of Japan to University Tun Abdul Razak on 19th January 2009. There will be a brother and sister programme whereby five or six Japanese students will be divided into a small group lead by one UNITAR student, so called brother and sister."



I was in one of the brother that involved in this programme. So this monday I have lead six Japanese students, which is all female in gender. I have a memorable day with them, although I only have about five hours to mingle around with them. I still remembered the first time I saw them, they came down from the bus of 3组. I guide them to the canopy, the first thing i said to them was, "This is my number, if you lost then called me" [pointing at card that i distribute to them] And what make me shock is they cannot understand ENGLISH at all!! Oh my god! We started to guess each others meaning and at last I show them my mobile phone then only they get my meaning. I know I will have a tough day to communicate with them since their English is weak and I only knew few Japanese words.


After tour at UNITAR, we went to Times  Square and start our group activity. First upon, we have to decide where to have our lunch and yes, again we are like chicken talking to duck, can't get each others meaning. At last I guess they said Mc Donald, so I write a big "M" sign on my paper and show them. Yes, BINGO! Finally... Hahaha... 


Then we went to Sungei Wang Plaza, BB Plaza, Lot 10[in japanese they called it"loto ten"], starhill gallery and central market. Time flew quickly and finally it's almost. I have to ushering them go back to Times Square by 3.30 pm. JIKAN NAI, I-KIMASHO, OKURETA.[meaning:no time, let's go, late] We rush all the way from central market to Times Square and finally reached there on time. The bus was there, they have to go up to the bus straight way cuz there's no time for them. They have to catch the plane back to Japan by 8 pm and have dinner before that. 



So I can felt a sudden of sadness when it's all come to the end, it's just so fast. After they wish arigato to me, they went up to the bus. And i said sayonara them as well to their sensei[they teacher is damn polite] Oops, I forgot to get photo from them, the pic which we took in Mc Donald, so i decided to go back and ask permission of their sensei to go up to their bus and find them. Their sensei was so understanding and allowed me to go up. So when i go up to the bus, I find them and said, "DENWA-SHASHIN-EMAIL-ME"[phone-photo-email me] i keep on repeat and afraid they can't understand me. At last, i squat them and write them my email. We are so nervous at that moment because it was rushing.. 




So i wish them sayonara again and came down from the bus... In my heart, I hope they understand what I try to say and send me pictures cuz that's the only picture we took together. Today afternoon, I was so excited to get mail from one of them. It's SATOMI, she send me picture and said thank you for everything. Oh my god, I was so touched. This really make my day so special.. And then just now I received another email from MIKI, oh.. So sweet.. It's hard to tell out how I feel now.. 

I love my uni, UNITAR for hosting such a wonderful programme. 

2 comments: