Monday, October 12, 2009

This is what I want to say...



After the Halloween Meeting, I don't have much feeling. I'm so tired, it is the same feeling like cooking. After you cook, no matter the oods is good or not, you don't really have much feeling and will lost your appetite. So that's the end of this event, finally it's over.

Now I know it wasn't an easy job to run a event. Since I was the Organizing Chairperson for this event, I can deeply feel it. From doing the proposal, hand in the proposal, negotiate with student affair, thinking things that I should coordinate, then goes to promoting, poster, ticketing, set up booth to promote, doing decoration, thinking what to wear and many more in the list.

It was certainly the most pressure event I had participated so far in my life. But at the same time, one of the event that I learnt the most so far in my life. Many challenges awaiting for us, like we have only 3-4 committed EXCOs, clashes with other club and societies' activity which make the number of our potential attendee drop drastically. We are doing things which even ourselves not really familiar with. So many things to cope with.. sigh..

In this event, I was given opportunity to collaborate with a few of my friends to run the whole show. We had proven that we can do it. Thanks to my friends Sue & Sarah. Not forgetting my best friend, Tess and Kelly Chong who support me when I need support. Tess even volunteer herself to come and help out in our room's decoration. Many thanks to people that I mentioned above.

My two mentors, I know you all not really happy with what I did. I know you all worried I can't make it when I'm too optimistic and wanted to make this event big. Sorry for making you all angry and upset if I said anything or do anything that make you all feel heart break. Actually that few days I'm not complaining anything, just want to tell out how I feel at that moment. After that,I had forgotten the sadness and continue with my works. I'm the type of person who will always keep to my promise and take accountability on what I did. Mentors, hope you all really can see my efforts.

Long long time ago, I had learnt two simple solutions when a conflict occurred.

Type I: My mum type
First, she will go mad and start blaming, scolding, have a bad mood, really upset, give up on trying and with all type negative emotions coming out, and then wait for sometimes for herself to calm down and then only she solves the problem. I personally dislike it.

Type II: My dad tye
He's always cool. When there's a problem occurred. Usually he will help and guide me to solve the problem, being supportive to fix the problem. After the problem was solved, he will talk to me personally with a mild approach, guide me to do the analysis on which part goes wrong or what should I do or not to do next time. I personally preferred this type of approach.

In this meeting, I practice my dad type solution. I blame no one when things goes wrong, I do something on it to correct it and fix it. I'm sure most of the EXCOs can noticed that. Someone think I'm so heroism, want to take and do all the job by myself and do not pass to others to do it. I'm speechless cuz they misunderstand me. I'm a peaceful guy, I don't like war, quarrel, fighting and also politics. So I just keep quiet, keep doing my job, hope one day they will realized that what I'm doing is actually to fix the problems.

Now, I had proved myself that I am a responsibility individual and keep to my promise. See? I didn't run away. Instead, I faced the problems and take the challenges bravely.


No comments:

Post a Comment